Here is what you missed this week on Packt Hub – Tech news, tutorials and insights.
Implementing GANs, OpenCV, BFS algorithms and more tutorials for machine learning folks this week. Web developers can learn to implement Dockers with Microservices, JS micro-optimizations and Selenium tutorials from this week’s tutorials.
- Predicting Bitcoin price from historical and live data
- Creating a reference generator for a job portal using Breadth First Search (BFS) algorithm
- Datasets and deep learning methodologies to extend image-based applications to videos
- Generative Models in action: How to create a Van Gogh with Neural Artistic Style… [Editor’s Pick]
- 3 ways to deploy a QT and OpenCV application
Web Development Tutorials
- How to build Dockers with microservices
- How to work with the Selenium IntelliJ IDEA plugin
- How to handle exceptions and synchronization methods with Selenium WebDriver API [Editor’s Pick]
2Insights & Opinions
See why Jupyter notebooks are hot and Oracle databases are not on Data insights this week. Learn why DDD (domain driven design) is trending and why programmers dread threads on insights for web developers this week.
Data Insights & Opinions
- Why Oracle is losing the Database Race
- Top 10 Tools for Computer Vision
- Paper in Two minutes: Attention Is All You Need
- 10 reasons why data scientists love Jupyter notebooks [Editor’s Pick]
- Top 5 programming languages for crunching Big Data effectively
- Why DeepMind made Sonnet open source
- Top 5 free Business Intelligence tools
- Paper in Two minutes: i-RevNet, a deep invertible convolutional network
Web Development Insights & Opinions
- Concurrency programming 101: Why do programmers hang by a thread?
- What is domain driven design? [Editor’s Pick]
Other Insights and Opinions
- Polaris GPS: Rubrik’s new SaaS platform for data management applications
- Google Employees Protest against the use of Artificial Intelligence in Military
- CockroachDB 2.0 is out!
- Huawei launches HiAI
- Apple steals AI chief from Google
- Emoji Scavenger Hunt showcases TensorFlow.js
- D3 5.0 is out!
- The 5 biggest announcements from TensorFlow Developer Summit 2018 [Editor’s Pick]