May’s continues on a high note. Plenty of big announcements and major new releases announced in two of the biggest events in the tech world: Google I/O, Microsoft Build and PyCon. Read about them and more in our tech news section.
Here’s what you may have missed in the last 7 days – Tech news, insights and tutorials…
Conferences in focus this week
Data news in depth
- Microsoft Open Sources ML.NET, a cross-platform machine learning framework
- Linux Foundation launches the Acumos Al Project to make AI accessible
- Nvidia’s Volta Tensor Core GPU hits performance milestones. But is it the best?
Development & programming news in depth
- Google’s Android Things, developer preview 8: First look
- Put your game face on! Unity 2018.1 is now available
- What’s new in Vapor 3, the popular Swift based web framework
- Xamarin Forms 3, the popular cross-platform UI Toolkit, is here!
- Windows 10 IoT Core: What you need to know
- Google Daydream powered Lenovo Mirage solo hits the market
- GCC 8.1 Standards released!
- Google open sources Seurat to bring high precision graphics to Mobile VR
Cloud & networking news in depth
- What to expect from vSphere 6.7
- What’s new in Wireshark 2.6?
- Get DevOps eBooks and videos while supporting charity
- Microsoft’s Azure Container Service (ACS) is now Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 (RHEL 7.5) now generally available
- Kali Linux 2018.2 released
- Getting Started with Automated Machine Learning (AutoML)
- Analyzing CloudTrail Logs using Amazon Elasticsearch
- Tensor Processing Unit (TPU) 3.0: Google’s answer to cloud-ready Artificial Intelligence
- Distributed TensorFlow: Working with multiple GPUs and servers
- Implementing 3 Naive Bayes classifiers in scikit-learn
Development & programming tutorials
Web development tutorials
- Getting started with Angular CLI and build your first Angular Component
- How to implement Internationalization and localization in your Node.js app
- How to install and configure TypeScript
- NativeScript: What is it, and how to set it up
- Building functional programs with F#
- Applying Single Responsibility principle from SOLID in .NET Core
- Unit Testing in .NET Core with Visual Studio 2017 for better code quality
Cloud & Networking tutorials
- How to secure a private cloud using IAM
- How to create your own AWS CloudTrail
- How to secure ElasticCache in AWS
This week’s opinions, analysis, and insights
- Google News’ AI revolution strikes balance between personalization and the bigger picture
- Why Drive.ai is going to struggle to disrupt public transport
- 6 reasons to choose MySQL 8 for designing database solutions
- Are Recurrent Neural Networks capable of warping time?