The vastness and the innovativeness of today’s e-commerce websites are converting visitors into potential buyers and come back as returning visitors. Every e-commerce website is designed with high-quality UX (user experience) and the absence of it can hurt the revenue and sales in various stages. If not made simplistic and innovative, a bad UX may have an adverse effect on the website’s rankings as all search engines emphasize on portals that are easy to navigate. This makes e-commerce mobile app development services necessary for website owners.
Almost 68% of users utilize smartphone devices in the US and the amount goes up to 88% in the UK. So, if seen from the advertising standpoint, websites need to be mobile-friendly at any cost as 62% of users will never suggest a business that has a poorly designed mobile website. Now if we take a look at the global population that buys online, the percentage comes to around 22.9% and by 2021, the number will hike to 3.15 billion. Hence keeping an up-to-date UX design for mobile apps is an absolute must.
Some UX tips to keep in mind
These are some UX design tips that an e-commerce website must utilize for making the buying experience worthwhile for the consumers.
Most websites employ interfaces that carry left-hand vertical sidebar filtering. However, currently, horizontal filtering has gained prominence. Its benefits include:
- Horizontal filtering is a tablet and smartphone friendly. So, filters can be viewed while scrolling and the full width of a page can also be utilized.
- Utilizing paragraphs, sliders and tablets along with checkboxes are easier as horizontal filtering is flexible.
- Page width utilization: With this UX design, bigger visuals with better and useful information can be put in a page.
No overloading of websites with CTAs and product information
Making product descriptions crisp and understandable is necessary as any user or customer won’t like to go through massive texts.
- Clear CTAs – Having a clear and compelling call to action is important.
- Knowing the audience well – The aspects that attract your customers or the ones causing inconvenience to them must be well addressed.
- Easy to understand descriptions – Top e-commerce app developers will always offer you with clear descriptions containing a crisp heading, bullet points, and subheadings.
Fabricating a user-centric search
The search experience that you offer to your customers can break or make your online sales. Your e-commerce businesses must implement these points for fabricating a client-centric search:
- Image recognition – Pictures or images are extremely important when it comes to e-commerce. Users will always want to see the items before buying. TImage recognition must be implemented in every website so that users can rely on the item they are purchasing.
- Voice search – As per mobile app design guidelines, voice recognition must also be implemented as it helps online retailers to improve the user experience. This is about ease, convenience, and speed. It makes consumers more comfortable which results in elevated customer engagement.
Making the correct choice amid scrolling, loading more buttons and pagination
When you engage in e-commerce shopping app development services, you must choose how the products are loading on your website.:
- Load more buttons – Websites that contain load button option is more favorable as users can discover more products offering them a feeling of control.
- Pagination – This is a process by which a small amount of information is offered to the customer so that he can emphasize on specific parts of a page. With pagination, users can overview entire results that will tell them how long the search is going to take.
- Endless scrolling – This technique can lead to seamless experiences for users. By enabling endless scrolling, content loads continuously as a customer scrolls the page downwards. This works best for websites that contain an even content structure. It is not suitable for websites that need to fulfill goal-oriented jobs.
Simple checkouts and signups required
Among the various mobile app design elements, this point holds quite an importance. Making the procedures of checkouts and signups simple is paramount as website users are quick to run out of patience.
- Single-column structure – A user’s eye will move naturally from top to the bottom along a solitary line.
- Making on-boarding simple – Asking too many questions at the very beginning is not recommended. Registration simply calls for the user’s email and name. Later, personal information like, address and phone number can be asked.
Color is an often overlooked part of UI design. It is, in fact, hugely important – and it’s beginning to become more important to designers.
When you think about it, it seems obvious. Color is not only important from a branding perspective, allowing you to create a unified and consistent user experience within a single product (or, indeed, set of products).
Color can also have consequences for hardware too. A white interface, for example, will use less battery power as the device won’t require the resources that would otherwise be needed to load color.
Accessibility and color in design
Another important dimension to this is accessibility. With around 4.5% of the population estimated to suffer from color blindness (most of them male), it could be worth considering how the decisions you make about colors could impact these users.
In a nutshell
While implementing the entire e-commerce application development process, you have to make sure as a merchant that you are delivering experiences and products that fulfill real requirements. A lot of emphasis needs to be put on visual appeal as it marks as a vital element in fulfilling customer needs and is also an establishment of credibility. A customer’s first impression must be good no matter what.
When talking about mobile user experience, credibility must be taken into account that can be ensured when you capture the attention of your users by informing them about what you exactly have to offer. The about page must be clear containing information like physical address, email address, phone number, etc. Following these UX tips is adequate for your E-commerce business to take flight and do wonders. Get hold of a professional team today and get started.