The cloud computing revolution has well and truly begun. But the market is fiercely competitive – there are a handful of cloud vendors leading the pack and it’s not easy to say which one is best. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle are leading the way when it comes to modern cloud-based infrastructure and it’s hard to separate them.
Big data is in high demand as businesses can flesh out useful insights. Organizations carry out advanced analytics in order to leverage deep and exploratory perspective on the data. After a deep analysis is performed, BI tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Qlik Sense, and so on, are used in drafting out dashboard visualizations, reports, performance management metrics etc. that makes the data analytics actionable. Thus, we see how analytics and BI tools are important in getting the best out of big data.
In this year’s Skill Up survey, there emerged a frontrunner for developers: AWS
Let’s talk AWS
Amazon is said to outplay any other cloud platform players in the market. AWS provides its customers with a highly robust infrastructure with commendable security options. In its inception year, 2006, AWS already had more than 150,000 developers who signed up to use the AWS services. Amazon announced this at a press release that year.
In a recent survey conducted by the Synergy Research, AWS is among the top cloud platform providers with a 35% market share. The top customers of AWS include NASA, Netflix, Adobe Systems, Airbnb, and many more.
Cloud technology is not a new and emerging trend anymore and has truly become mainstream. What sets AWS on a different plateau is, it has caught developers’ attention by its impressive suite of developer tools. It’s a cloud platform that is designed with continuous delivery and DevOps in mind.
AWS: Every developer’s den
Once you’re an AWS’ member, you can experience hundreds of different platforms that it offers. Starting form Core Computation and Content Delivery Networks, one can even take advantage of the IoT and game development platforms. If you’re worried how to payback for all that you have used, don’t worry, AWS offers its complete package of solutions across six modes of payments. It also offers hundreds of templates in every programming language to glide along one’s choice of project.
- Pay-as-you-go feature in AWS enables customers to use the features that are required. This avoids unnecessary buying of resources that would add no value to businesses.
- Security on AWS is something users appreciate. AWS’ configuration options, management policies, and their reliable security are the reasons why one can easily trust their cloud services. AWS has layers of security encryptions that enable high-end user data protection. It also decides on user privileges using the IAM (Identity and Access Management) roles. This helps to keep restrictions on the number of resources used by the user. It also helps in greatly reducing malpractices.
- AWS provides developers with autoscaling, as it is one of the most important features that every developer needs. With AutoScaling, developers can suspend their unimportant management issues on autopilot; AWS takes care of it. Developers can instead focus more on processes, development, and programming.
- The free tier within AWS runs an Amazon EC2, which includes an S3 storage, EC2 compute hours, Elastic Load balancer time, and so on. This enables developers to try AWS’ API within their software to enhance it further.
- AWS cuts down deployment time required to provision a web server. By using Amazon Machine Images, one can have a machine deployed and ready to accept connections in a short time.
Amazon’s logo says it all. It provides A to Z services under one hood for developers, businesses,and for general users. Each service is tailored to serve different purposes and also has a dedicated and specialized hardware. Developers can easily choose Amazon for their development needs with their pay-as-you-go and make the most of it without even buying stuff. Though, there are other service providers such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and so on, Amazon offers functionalities which others are yet to match.