Unity technologies have made a startling announcement of plunging into the automotive and transportation industry. With their newly formed automotive division, they plan to pass on their rendering technology to auto creators. They plan to show off this technology at their very first Unity AutoTech Summit at Unite Berlin, scheduled to happen during June 19-21 this year.
As John Riccitiello, Chief Executive Officer, Unity Technologies, describes it “The real-time revolution in automotive is here. Over the past 15 years, we’ve made great strides leading the game development industry – now, we’re bringing our real-time rendering technology to a new group of creators, equipping automakers with the tools that will allow them to iterate at the speed of thought.”
Unity Automotive Division
This automotive division will bring real-time 3D, VR, and AR technologies to the world’s automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers through the Unity engine. The division is led by of experts from key automobile companies like Volkswagen, Renault, GM, Delphi, and Denso. Unity has already been working alongside the world’s top OEMs. Including Audi ( VR design review), Volkswagen (interactive VR training for 10,000 employees), Cadillac (Virtual Showroom) and Mercedes-Benz (AMG Powerwall).
Unity AutoTech Summit
The Unity AutoTech summit that will grace Unite Berlin, is a one of a kind, two-day gathering of sessions, tech demos, and networking dedicated to the automotive industry.
Featured sessions will include:
- Bringing the Lexus LC500 to Life Through the Magic of Unity by David Telfer, (Lexus), Joe DeMiero, and Carl Seibert from Lexus.
- How to Drive VR/ AR Use Cases for Enterprises Using the Example of Volkswagen by Torben Volkwein from Volkswagen.
- Creating Powerful Mixed Reality Applications Across Auto by Jason Yim from Trigger Global for Nissan.
- Next Level Rendering Quality for Automotive by Arisa Scott from Unity
Unity Training Workshops Taster: Introduction to Automotive Design Visualization by Anuja Dharkar from Unity.
- Unity in Automotive – The Road Ahead by Tim McDonough and Ed Martin from Unity.
Unity for Enterprise
Unity and PiXYZ have also partnered to launch the enterprise-level Unity Industry Bundle.
- This bundle consists of PiXYZ products, training, and Unity Pro.
- It streamlines the data preparation and import of CAD data for creating real-time experiences in Unity.
- It provides services like design and engineering, AR/VR training, and the creation of high-impact customer experiences for both datacenters to individuals.
Visit the Unity Automotive and Transportation website for the list of Unity’s entire solutions.