It’s been another busy week on the Packt Hub with a lot of tech news developments, hands on tutorials and insights on the latest and trending technological trends like Vue.js, Kotlin, GDPR and more. There has been plenty of interesting stories too from around the world.
Here’s what you might have missed in the last 7 days – Tutorials, insights and new on technology…
Data-driven testing has become a lot easier thanks to tools like Selenium. That’s good news for everyone in software development. We spoke to Carl Cocchiato about data-driven testing and much more. Carl is the author of Selenium Framework Design in Data-Driven Testing.
Tech news Bulletins
- Cloud and networking news bulletin – Friday 20 April
- Programming news bulletin – Thursday 19 April
- Security news bulletin – Wednesday 18 April
- Web development news bulletin – Tuesday 17 April
- Data science news bulletin – Monday 16 April
Data news in depth
- MongoDB going relational with 4.0 release [Editor’s Pick]
- JupyterLab v0.32.0 releases
- TensorFlow 1.8.0-rc0 releases
Development & programming news in depth
- What’s new in ECMAScript 2018 (ES9)? [Editor’s Pick]
- Understanding the hype behind Magic Leap’s New Augmented Reality Headsets
- What’s new in Unreal Engine 4.19? [Editor’s Pick]
- Leap Motion open sources its $100 augmented reality headset, North Star [Editor’s Pick]
- Unity 2D & 3D game kits simplify Unity game development for beginners
Cloud & networking news in depth
- What to expect from upcoming Ubuntu 18.04 release [Editor’s Pick]
- Google announces the largest overhaul of their Cloud Speech-to-Text
- What’s new in Docker Enterprise Edition 2.0?
- Couchbase mobile 2.0 is released
- Splunk Industrial Asset Intelligence (Splunk IAI) targets Industrial IoT marketplace [Editor’s Pick]
This week we bring data and machine learning folks, tutorials on real-time streaming with Azure stream analytics, creating live visual dashboards in Power BI and using Q learning to build an options trading web app.
For web developers, this week is all about Vue.js with a little Go on the side. Android rules mobile development while Kotlin is gaining more traction as a serious programming language.
- How to get started with Azure Stream Analytics and 7 reasons to choose it
- Performing Vehicle Telemetry job analysis with Azure Stream Analytics tools
- Building a live interactive visual dashboard in Power BI with Azure Stream [Editor’s Pick]
- Cross-validation in R for predictive models
- How to build an options trading web app using Q-learning [Editor’s Pick]
Development & programming tutorials
Web development tutorials
- How to build a basic server-side chatbot using Go
- Building your first Vue.js 2 Web application [Editor’s Pick]
- How to test node applications using Mocha framework
Game and Mobile development tutorials
- How to Secure and Deploy an Android App
- Packaging and publishing an Oracle JET Hybrid mobile application
- Build your first Android app with Kotlin
- Meet the Coolest Raspberry Pi Family Member: Raspberry Pi Zero W Wireless
- Build your first Raspberry Pi project
This week’s opinions, analysis, and insights
Some hot topics in focus this week are Chaos engineering, GDPR, AIOps, the reactive Manifesto, cloud security threats and more. See what we learned from the recently concluded IBM Think and VUECONF.US conferences in this week’s special coverage.
- What is AIOps and why is it going to be important?
- AI on mobile: How AI is taking over the mobile devices marketspace
- How machine learning as a service is transforming cloud
- IBM Think 2018: 6 key takeaways for developers
- AI-powered Robotics: Autonomous machines in the making
- What your organization needs to know about GDPR [Editor’s Pick]
- What we learned from IBM Research’s ‘5 in 5’ predictions presented at Think 2018 [Editor’s Pick]
- What is a support vector machine? [Editor’s Pick]
- 4 Encryption options for your SQL Server
- GDPR is good for everyone: businesses, developers, customers
- Data science on Windows is a big no [Editor’s Pick]
Development & Programming Insights
- What is the Reactive Manifesto?
- Vue.js developer special: What we learned from VUECONF.US 2018 [Editor’s Pick]
- Top 7 modern Virtual Reality hardware systems
Cloud & Networking Insights
- AWS Fargate makes Container infrastructure management a piece of cake
- Top 5 cloud security threats to look out for in 2018 [Editor’s Pick]
- Chaos Engineering: managing complexity by breaking things [Editor’s Pick]
- 5 reasons to choose AWS IoT Core for your next IoT project