OpenX provides a very detailed and useful statistics and reports mechanism to evaluate the progress as well as performance of any campaign. OpenX reports and statistics tools have the ability to retrieve data on several groupings such as advertisers, campaigns, banners, websites, and zones.
Advertisers and campaigns statistics
It is the default OpenX statistics type. It provides current statistics of all advertisers under an account. It is also possible to retrieve statistics according to start and end dates.
Time for action – getting advertisers and campaign statistics
Now, let’s learn how to get the statistics for a certain advertiser and the campaigns under it. We will then see how to analyze them on a spreadsheet.
- Click on Statistics menu item. Advertisers & Campaigns screen should automatically open. If not, click on Advertisers & Campaigns link.
- Now, we should be able to see current date’s statistics as a default for all the advertisers under an account. Note that following screenshots are from a real OpenX Ad Server implementation and do not necessarily have to match with your screens.
- Let’s view all the statistics for the advertiser, starting from the installation of OpenX Ad Server. Select All statistics option from the date list.
- We can now see all of the statistics for the advertiser.
- Click on tiny arrow near the advertiser name.
- We can now see the all the campaigns statistics under the advertiser.
- Click on the Clicks column.
- You can note that the campaign’s statistics are sorted accordingly:
- Click on the tiny arrow near one of the campaign names.