Red Hat recently introduced its infrastructure migration solution to help provide an open pathway to digital transformation. Red Hat infrastructure migration solution provides an enterprise-ready pathway to cloud-native application development via Linux containers, Kubernetes, automation, and other open source technologies. It helps organizations to accelerate transformation by more safely migrating and managing workload to an open source infrastructure platform, thus reducing cost and speeding innovation.
Joe Fernandes, Vice President, Cloud Platforms Products at Red Hat, said, “Legacy virtualization infrastructure can serve as a stumbling block too, rather than a catalyst, for IT innovation. From licensing costs to closed vendor ecosystems, these silos can hold organizations back from evolving their operations to better meet customer demand. We’re providing a way for enterprises to leapfrog these legacy deployments and move to an open, flexible, enterprise platform, one that is designed for digital transformation and primed for the ecosystem of cloud-native development, Kubernetes, and automation.”
RedHat program consists of three phases:
- Discovery Session: Here, Red Hat Consulting will engage with an organization in a complimentary Discovery Session to better understand the scope of the migration and document it effectively.
- Pilot Migrations: In this phase, an open source platform is deployed and operationalized using Red Hat’s hybrid cloud infrastructure and management tooling. Pilot migrations are carried out to demonstrate typical approaches, establish initial migration capability, and define the requirements for a larger scale migration.
- Migration at scale: In this phase, IT teams are able to migrate workloads at scale. Red Hat Consulting also aids in better streamline operations across virtualization pool, and navigate complex migration cases.
Post the Discovery Session, recommendations are provided for a more flexible open source virtualization platform based on Red Hat technologies. These include:
- Red Hat Virtualization offers an open software-defined infrastructure and centralized management platform for virtualized Linux and Windows workloads. It is designed to empower customers with greater efficiency for traditional workloads, along with creating a launchpad for cloud-native and container-based application innovation.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform is built on the enterprise-grade backbone of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. It helps users to build an on-premise cloud architecture that provides resource elasticity, scalability, and increased efficiency.
- Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure is a portfolio of solutions that includes Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure for both Virtualization and Cloud. Customers can use it to integrate compute, network and storage in a form factor designed to provide greater operational and cost efficiency.
Using the new migration capabilities based on Red Hat’s management technologies, including Red Hat Ansible Automation, new workloads can be delivered in an automated fashion with self-service. These can also enable IT to more quickly re-create workload across hybrid and multi-cloud environment.
Read more about the Red Hat infrastructure migration solution on RedHat’s official blog.