Can I participate in this book review writing challenge?
Yes you can as long as you have your own blog.
How do I sign up?
That’s easy. No registration formalities are required. There’s no need to fill in a form, or even to give us your email address. Once you have reviewed your Packt book on your blog simply tweet the review URL @ReviewPacktOS if you have reviewed an Open Source book or @ReviewPacktENT if you have reviewed an Enterprise title. If you’re unsure of the brand of your book, just tweet either account.
Are there any rules?
There aren’t any rules as such, but there are a few guidelines which we suggest our reviewers follow:
– Be honest! If it’s a good book, say so. If it’s a bad book, tell us
– Reviews should be between 350 and 750 words
– Include an introductory section, about 100-125 words long that indicates the nature and the title of the book clearly
– On your first reference to the book, use the complete title, well punctuated, as it appears on the book cover
– Add a link to the book’s web page, preferably in the introductory or middle paragraph, allowing more of your readers to find the book easily
– If available, you can include a link to a sample chapter, which can be found on the book’s web page.
What do I win?
The book reviews will be judged by our team of experts who will select a winner and a runner up.
First prize: A year long subscription to PacktLib worth £150 absolutely free.
Second prize: Any Packt print book of your choice.
Hurry!! The competition is open from the 1st of June till the 30th of June. All reviews must be posted within this period to be considered valid. Winners will be announced on the 6th of July.
For a list of our titles, please visit our homepage.
If you have any queries, feel free to contact us: email@example.com