Features of Howler.js
- Single API for all audio needs: It provides a simple and consistent API to make it easier to build audio experiences in your application.
- Audio sprites: For more precise playback and lower resources. you can define and control segments of files with audio sprites.
- Supports all codecs: It supports all codecs such as MP3, MPEG, OPUS, OGG, OGA, WAV, AAC, CAF, M4A, MP4, WEBA, WEBM, DOLBY, FLAC.
- Auto-caching for improved performance: It automatically caches loaded sounds that can be reused on subsequent calls for better performance and bandwidth.
- Modular architecture: Its modular architecture helps you to easily use and extend the library to add custom features.
Which browsers does it support?
Howler.js is compatible with the following:
- Google Chrome 7.0+
- Internet Explorer 9.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 5.1.4+
- Mobile Safari 6.0+
- Opera 12.0+
- Microsoft Edge
Read more about Howler.js on its official website and also check out its GitHub repository.
InfernoJS v6.0.0, a React-like library for building high-performance user interfaces, is now out
The Ember project releases version 3.5 of Ember.js, Ember Data, and Ember CLI