At the first day of Accelerate 2019, DataStax unveiled DataStax Constellation, a modern cloud platform specifically designed for Apache Cassandra. DataStax is a leading provider of the always-on, active everywhere distributed hybrid cloud database built on Apache Cassandra.
Launch an #ApacheCassandra database in TWO easy steps. #DataStaxConstellation will radically simplify & accelerate app dev while eliminating the complex overhead of database ops. Take it for a spin 👇 and learn more: https://t.co/YNDf4QBEL0 #DataStaxAccelerate pic.twitter.com/ESNjnLEO3W
— DataStax (@DataStax) May 21, 2019
DataStax Accelerate 2019 is a three-day event (21-23 May) happening at Maryland, US. On the agenda, this event has 70+ technical sessions, networking with experts and people from leading companies like IBM, Walgreens, T-Mobile, and also new product announcements.
Sharing the vision behind DataStax Constellation, Billy Bosworth, CEO of DataStax, said, “With Constellation, we are making a major commitment to being the leading cloud database company and putting cloud development at the top of our priority list. From edge to hybrid to multi-cloud, we are providing developers with a cloud platform that includes the complete set of tools they need to build game-changing applications that spark transformational business change and let them do what they do best.”
What is DataStax Constellation?
DataStax Constellation is a modern cloud platform that provides smart services for easy and rapid development and deployment of Cassandra-based applications. It comes with an integrated web console that simplifies the use and management of Cassandra.
DataStax Constellation provides an interactive developer tool for CQL (Cassandra Query Language) named DataStax Studio. This tool makes it easy for developers to collaborate by keeping track of code, query results, and visualizations in self-documenting notebooks.
The Constellation platform is initially launched with two cloud services, DataStax Apache Cassandra-as-a-Service and DataStax Insights:
DataStax Apache Cassandra as a Service
DataStax Apache Cassandra as a Service enables you to easily develop and deploy Apache Cassandra applications in the cloud. Here are some of the advantages and features it comes with:
- Ensures high availability of applications: It assures uptime and integrity with multiple data replicas. Users are only charged when the database is in use, which significantly reduces operational overhead.
- Reduces administrative overhead: It makes your applications capable of self-healing with its advanced optimization and remediation mechanisms.
- Better performance than open-source Cassandra: This provides up to three times better performance than open source Apache Cassandra at any scale.
DataStax Insights is performance management and monitoring tool for DataStax Constellation and DataStax Enterprise. Here are some of the features it comes with:
- Centralized and scalable monitoring: It provides centralized and scalable monitoring across all cloud and on-premise deployments.
- Simplified administration: It provides an at-a-glance health index that simplifies administration via a single view of all clusters.
- Automated performance tuning: Its AI-powered analysis and recommendations enable automated performance tuning.
Sharing his future plans regarding Constellation, Bosworth said, “Constellation is for all developers seeking easy and obvious application deployment in any cloud. And the great thing is that we are planning for it to be available on all three of the major cloud providers: AWS, Google, and Microsoft.” DataStax plans to make Constellation, Insights, and Cassandra as a Service available on all three cloud providers in Q4 of 2019.
To know more about DataStax Constellation, visit its official website