2 min read
The wait is over, there it is!
Our hard-working community of contributors proudly gives you the best release of @EclipseJavaIDE ever produced
🍾 Eclipse IDE 2018-12 🎁🎉
Visit https://t.co/aEgWPZVDTI for more info and download links!
Improvements to Eclipse 4.10.0
Views and dialogs
- The Quick Switch Editor (Ctrl+E) dialog for editor selection has been improved and now shows the path of the resource along with its filename.
- In Eclipse 4.10.0, the Workspace selection dialog shows completion proposals for making the process of picking a workspace with the keyboard easier.
- It is now possible to convert a plug-in project to a modular project by selecting the Configure > Create module-info. java context menu. This creates the module-info. java file for the project.
Colors, Fonts preference page
- The Colors and Font preference page has been updated and it now supports searching for font, font height, and font style.
- The search has been updated allowing the users to quickly see where a font is used or where a specific style or size is used.
- This release comes with a new option that disables API analysis builder on the Plug-in Development preference page.
Chevron button for hidden tabs
- The chevron button now shows the number of tabs that are hidden.
- It doesn’t have transparency artifacts anymore, which makes it more readable especially in the dark theme.
Added support for custom URL schemes in Eclipse 4.10.0
- This release can handle custom URL schemes such as https, ssh, and git.
- When a user clicks on a link with a specific custom URL scheme, Eclipse first starts and then handles the clicked link.
- Users can now control the URL schemes that should be handled by the current Eclipse installation via General > Link Handlers preference page.
- The ContentAssistant class now allows consumers to configure whether the completion proposal trigger characters are honored or ignored.
- If ContentAssistant.enableCompletionProposalTriggerChars(false) is used, then completion proposal trigger characters are ignored and the users have to press the Enter key to trigger insertion.
- If ContentAssistant.enableCompletionProposalTriggerChars(true) is used, then completion proposal trigger characters can be used alongwith the Enter key to insert the proposal.
- If the enableCompletionProposalTriggerChars(boolean) method is not called, then the default behaviour is equivalent to calling enableCompletionProposalTriggerChars(true) so that extra trigger characters are honored.
- Eclipse 4.10.0 comes with a quick fix Change project compliance and JRE to 11.
- This release comes with a quick assist, that allows adding var type to lambda parameters. This quick assist will only be available if the project compliance is Java 11 or above.
- An option to set compiler compliance to 11 on a Java project is now available.
- With this release, Java editor now shows the number of implementations and references for a Java element as decorative text (Code Minings) above the element.
Read more about this news on Eclipse’ blog.