Microsoft’s updates to Azure services, Snips NLU, Google’s AstroNet, and more in today’s top stories around machine learning, deep learning, and data science news.
Top Data science News Stories of the Day
Microsoft updates Azure services for SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
Snips open sources Snip NLU, its Natural Language Understanding engine.
Other Data Science News at a Glance
1. Google open sources AstroNet, a neural network for identifying exoplanets in light Curves. This code was used to find two exoplanets by training a neural network to analyze data from NASA’s Kepler space telescope and then to accurately identify the most promising planet signals.
Read more on the Google research blog.
2. A new database VeritasDB is launched. It a key-value store that guarantees data integrity to the client in the presence of exploits or implementation bugs in the database server.
Read more on the Cryptology ePrint Archive.
3. Anexinet has announced the release of ListenLogic 3.0 with AI and Ensemble Machine Learning Capabilities. It includes advanced topic extraction using AI and machine learning, natural language processing, and regex classifiers.
Read more on KMWorld.
4. Baidu announced today that it will launch a quantum computing institute. It will be led by Runyao Duan, a professor at the University of Technology Sydney, with the aim of building devices that can be used in other parts of the business over the next five years.
Read more on MIT tech review.
5. MariaDB MaxScale 2.2 is now Generally Available. New capabilities include self-healing automation, HA, hardened database security and more.
Read more on the MariaDB blog.