TensorFlow 1.7.0 is out, March release of SQL Operations Studio is now available, Google announced the integration of NVIDIA® TensorRTTM and TensorFlow, Introducing new HP Z8 workstation for machine learning, and more in today’s top stories around machine learning, deep learning, and data science news.
Top Data Science news of the Day
Other Data Science News at a Glance
- Google announced integration of NVIDIA® TensorRTTM and TensorFlow. This new integration simplifies the path to use TensorRT from within TensorFlow with world-class performance.
Read more on Google Developers Blog.
- Google Cloud Platform introduces Cloud Text-to-Speech powered by DeepMind WaveNet technology. Cloud Text-to-Speech program lets you choose from 32 different voices, 12 languages and variants. It can correctly pronounce complex text such as name, date, time and address for authentic sounding speech right out of the gate.
Read more on Google Cloud Platform blog.
- HP introduced its new HP Z8 workstation for machine learning development. The machine is based on Nvidia’s Quadro GV100 platform, the latest version of its Quadro graphics processing unit (GPU) for workstations.
Read more on Venture Beat
- NVIDIA and Arm to integrate. NVIDIA’s open-source Deep Learning Accelerator (NVDLA) architecture into Arm’s Project Trillium platform for machine learning.
Read more on Forbes
- Announcing the release of TopN, an open source PostgreSQL extension that returns the top values in a database. The TopN extension enables you to serve instant and approximate results to TopN queries.
Read more on PostgreSQL.
- Nvidia open sources NVVL: a library that provides GPU accelerated video decoding for DL training. With NVVL, one can save 40X on storage space and bandwidth, reduce CPU load by 2X when training on video datasets. It’s great for GPU dense systems like DGX-2.
Read more on GitHub.
- Google uses Machine Learning to Discover Neural Network Optimizers. Neural Optimizer Search makes use of a recurrent neural network controller which is given access to a list of simple primitives that are typically relevant for optimization.
Read more on Google Research Blog
- The March release of SQL Operations Studio is now available.Read more on SQL Server Blog.
- Ripple Joins Hyperledger Blockchain Consortium. Through this partnership with Hyperledger, Ripple developers will be able to access Interledger Protocol (ILP) in Java for enterprise use.
Read more on Coindesk
- pgbedrock is a new open source tool for managing access in one’s @ postgresql cluster. pgbedrock is an application for managing the roles, memberships, schema ownership, and most importantly the permission for tables, sequences, and schema in a Postgre database. Read more on GitHub
- Bing announces improvements and new scenarios to its intelligent search features which tap into advances in AI to provide people with more comprehensive answers, faster.
Read more on Bing’s Blog