Updates are introduced in the following modules:
- The iterations argument is added to simulation.tick.
- A bug is fixed when initializing nodes with fixed positions.
The following new features are added:
- The domain and range convenience constructors for all scale types
- Default constructors for sequential and diverging scales
- The d3.tickFormatReturns function, a number format function for displaying a tick value
- The d3.scaleSymlog function, which constructs a new continuous scale with the specified domain and range
- Transformed sequential scales, for example, d3.scaleSquentialLog
- Transformed diverging scales, for example, d3.scaleDivergingLog
- d3.scaleSequentialQuantile for p-quantiles
- scale.unknown for all scale types
- Unlimited band.paddingOuter and point.padding
- The selection.join method is added, a convenient alternative to the more explicit selection.enter, selection.exit, selection.append, and selection.remove.
- selection.order is updated to enforce relative position, rather than exact siblings.
- Vendor fallback for element.matches in selection.filter and d3.matcher is removed.
- The transition.end is added, which returns a promise that resolves when every selected element finishes transitioning.
- A cancel event is added to transition.on.
- Performance of transition.style and transition.attr is improved
To read the full list of updates on the GitHub repository of D3.js.