Welcome to the cloud and networking news bulletin. Every Friday you’ll find the latest updates and software releases from the world of cloud. End your week with an informative dose of tech news.
Cloud and networking news on the Packt Hub
Cloud and networking news from across the web
- The U.S. Defense Department is taking big steps towards cloud computing. The team behind The Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI) project is looking for IaaS and PaaS solutions – with a view to using cloud as the foundation for improved artificial intelligence projects. There has been concern from some quarters that DoD were planning to commit to a 10 year contract with a single vendor. However, Pentagon spokesperson Dana White suggested otherwise, saying “multiple vendors may form a partnership to offer us a competitive solution.”
- Huawei adds Blockchain Service platform to its cloud computing services. The Chinese telecoms giant has revealed a new Blockchain Service platform. It should allow developers and businesses to build and scale Blockchain applications on Huawei’s cloud. The organization suggests there could be a number of ways the service could be used, from improving financial transparency and security, to managing digital assets.
- VMware reveals new releases of vSphere and vSAN. The virtualization giants claim the updates are ‘elevating’ the way users experience hybrid cloud.
- Google overhauls cloud text-to-speech engine. It’s been around for a couple of years now, but the new features look like they’re going to make the tool more useful for businesses. With features including ‘pre-built models for improved transcription accuracy from phone calls and video’ and ‘automatic punctuation to improve readability of transcribed long-form audio.’
- Esri and Alibaba Cloud working together to bring enhanced Location Intelligence technology to Cloud Users.
- Oracle’s customer experience cloud suite expands its offerings.
- FireEye and Oracle Collaborate on Cloud Transformation.