Microsoft recently announced, Azure Database services are generally available for database management systems, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
This general availability would allow opportunities such as,
- Bringing the community versions of MySQL and PostgreSQL built-in high availability
- A 99.99% availability SLA
- Elastic scaling for performance
- Bringing industry leading security and compliance to Azure
Some key features of the Azure Database for MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Provides a fully managed and an enterprise-ready community MySQL database-as-a-service for development and deployment of applications.
- One can easily lift and shift their workloads to the cloud, and use languages and frameworks of choice.
- A built-in high availability and capability to scale in seconds, which enables easy adjustment to changes in customer demands
- One can also benefit from the unparalleled security and compliance, including Azure IP advantage, as well as Azure’s industry leading reach with more data centers
- A flexible pricing model with choices in resources for ones workload
Read more about this news on Microsoft official blog post