Apple announced yesterday that they will be conducting an event named, Apple Special Event, on September 12, 2018. It will be held at the Steve Jobs Theater. You can also watch the live-streaming of the event on its official website.
What can we expect?
In Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) held in June this year, it announced upgraded operating systems for iPhone and iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Currently, the beta versions of iOS 12, macOS Mojave, watchOS 5, tvOS 12 is available through Apple Developer Program.
The Apple Developer Program allows developers to try out beta versions of Apple software for a few months before it is released in public. Speculations are Apple might share the final release dates of the operating systems at this event. Based on the keynote, following are some of the new features that we can expect in the new OS releases:
- An all-round faster and more responsive experience.
- Can FaceTime 32 people at once.
- A new kind of Animoji, called Memoji is introduced, to match your personality and mood.
- ARKit 2 enables you to share AR objects through messages and mail and view them in the real world.
- Screen Time will give you insight into how you use your devices.
- Comes with a Dark Mode that will help you focus on your work.
- The Stacks feature automatically organizes your files into related sets.
- Finder will help you locate a file by how it looks.
- Metadata provides you the key details of any file.
- Continuity camera helps you shoot a nearby object or scan a document and have it automatically appear on your Mac.
- Activity Competitions allows you to challenge a friend for a seven-day competition.
- Workout Updates senses when you are moving and alerts you to start the Workout app.
- Advanced running features are added like Pace alerts, Rolling pace, and Cadence.
- With Apple Podcasts you can stay connected to the stories, personalities and news you love.
- Using Walkie-Talkie you can have one-on-one conversation with anyone who has compatible iWatch.
- Added support for Dolby Atmos audio.
- Compatible movie purchases upgraded for free in iTunes.
- Zero sign-on feature to simplify the cable authentication process.
- New aerial screensavers created in partnership with the International Space Station have been added.
- Siri integration will allow users to search for specific content via voice for quicker content access.
With many rumours around, it is expected that Apple might introduce a new iPhone named, iPhone XS in 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch variants. It is also speculated that a new Apple Watch Series 4 will be unveiled with its design focused mainly on increasing the screen size. The new watch may also have solid state buttons and improved heart rate detection. We also expect to see two iPad Pro upgrades with Face ID and no Home button.