Android Studio team released version 3.5 Canary 7 of Android Studio, an officially integrated development environment for Google’s Android operating system, yesterday. Android Studio 3.5 Canary 7 is now made available in the Canary and Dev channels. The latest release explores bug fixes for the public issues.
Improvements in Android Studio 3.5 Canary 7
- The illegal character ‘-‘ in module name has been fixed.
- The databinding annotation processor injecting an absolute path into KotlinCompile that can default Gradle’s remote build cache has been fixed.
- Earlier it was impossible to specify more than 255 file extensions for aaptOptions noCompress, this issue has now been fixed.
- The issue of AAPT2 crashing in case of plurals in XML contain an apostrophe, has been fixed.
- The refactoring method name didn’t work and has been fixed.
- Layout preview used to rerender when typing in the XML editor, this has now been fixed.
- The issue of DDMLIB process using a full CPU core for times when there is no device/emulator connected has been fixed.
- Kotlin main classes used to appear on the class path before test classes while running unit tests, this has been fixed now.
For more information, check out the official release notes for Android Studio 3.5 Canary 7.