1 min read
The last major release was Android 3.1.0 released in March 2018. The current stable version available is Android Studio 3.1.3. The latest Canary channel preview version is Android Studio 3.3 Canary 3. The Canary build allows one to experience latest features which are lightly tested as compared to the apps in the Beta build.
What’s new in the Android Studio 3.2 Beta 5 update?
Change in behaviour
This version update now includes a minimum Protobuf Gradle plugin version of 0.8.6. This Gradle plugin compiles Protocol Buffer (aka. Protobuf) definition files (*.proto) in any project.
Apart from this change, some bug fixes in this Beta 5 version include:
- Translations Editor rows are now aligned properly after scrolling
- Running another project using GradleBuild was causing java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: attempt to unlock read lock, not locked by current thread. This bug has now been fixed.
- Layout styles which were improperly requiring API level 17 instead of 15 are now fixed.
- Android Studio that was not properly navigating to certain styles with error message: “Cannot find declaration to go to” has been fixed.
- Linter is now properly resolving some API level values.
Read more this update on Android Studio Developer page