|Read more about this book|
(For more resources on Alfresco, see here.)
- Create Node, Update Node: You can create, upload, or update files using these.
- Check In/Check Out: You can programmatically check-out and check-in your content.
- Access Rights Management Permissioning: You can manage your content’s security aspects.
- Transformation: You can transform your content using this. For example, you want to generate a PDF version of your MS-Office document.
- Tagging: Tagging APIs will help you tag your contents.
- Classifying: You can categorize or classify your contents using this.
- People: Using these APIs, you can handle all user-and group-related operations in your script; such as creating a new user, changing the password of a user, and so on.
- Searching: One of most important and powerful APIs exposed. You can search your contents using these APIs. You can perform Lucene-based search or XPath-based search operations using these APIs.
- Workflow: You can manage the tasks and workflows in your system using these APIs and services.
- Thumbnail: Exposes APIs to manage the thumbnail operations of various content items.
- Node operations: You use these APIs to perform several node-related functions such as Manage Properties, Manage Aspects, copying, deleting, moving, and so on.
Some important and most frequently used root scope objects are:
- Companyhome: Returns the company home script node object
- Userhome: Returns the home folder node of the current user
- Person: Represents the current user person object
- Space: Stands for the current space object
- Document: Returns the currently selected document
- Search: Offers fully functional search APIs
- People: Encapsulates all functionalities related to user, groups, roles, permissions, and so on.
- Sites: Exposes the site service functionalities
- Actions: Provides invocation methods for registered actions
- Workflow: Handles all functionalities related to workflow implementation within the repository
Among these, companyhome, userhome, person, space, and document objects represent Alfresco Node objects and allow access to the properties and aspects of the corresponding node object. Each of the node objects provides a number of APIs which are termed ScriptNode API.
The others – search, people, sites, workflow, and actions – expose several methods that would help you implement specific business requirements. For example, if you want to write a script that searches some documents and contents, you would use the search API. If you want to create a new user – the people API will help you.